1.Compliance with Laws and Ordinances
- In the course of business activities, comply with the laws, ordinances, and other requirements that apply in each country and region.
- Establish infrastructure for ensuring compliance such as organizational frameworks, education implementation, and internal reporting systems.
2.Respecting Human Rights and Individual Dignity
Respect the human rights and dignity of all individuals involved in business activities.
- Strive to create a workplace environment in which each individual’s unique abilities can be utilized to the fullest.
- Refrain from utilizing child labor in violation of local laws and ordinances and International Labor Organization (ILO) standards at overseas locations.
- Labor must be based on autonomous choice and carried out by employees of their own volition with no forced labor used.
- Discrimination based on individual factors such as ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity, age, disabilities, and record of political activities in processes such as hiring, firing, and resignation is prohibited. Strive to achieve equal opportunity for all.
- Never use physical punishment or carry out physical, sexual, or sexual harassment of any kind.
3.Hiring and the Workplace Environment
Provide proper employment to individuals engaged in business activities and strive to create a safe and comfortable workplace environment.
- When hiring employees, execute a proper labor contract.
- At overseas locations, pay wages greater than or equal to the minimum required by local laws and ordinances. In addition, ensure compliance with the regulations of local laws and ordinances regarding working hours, and set appropriate break time and days off.
- Implement overtime work only after receiving consent from the applicable employees.
- Comply with laws and ordinances related to benefits and strive to improve the treatment of employees so they can work with peace of mind.
- Conduct discussions and build sound labor-management relations either through direct interaction with employees or through sincere cooperation with an employee representative. Also, respect employees’ rights to free association.
- Secure evacuation routes, post signs in the workplace, and conduct regular inspections and evacuation drills.
- Make the health and safety of employees the top priority in all work activities.
Comply with environmental laws and regulations, promote an environmental conservation attitude, and contribute to the creation of a sustainable society through business activities.
- Comply with environment-related laws and ordinances, as well as international treaties, which are applicable, and provide products that prevent environmental pollution and reduce environmental impacts.
- Strive to reduce CO2 and other warming gas emissions in consideration of global warming.
- Promote energy and resource conservation, waste reduction, and recycling, properly manage exhaust gas and wastewater, prevent environmental pollution, and strive to reduce burdens on the environment.
5.Relationships with Local Society
Engage in activities that contribute to the development of the local community.
- Strive to solve problems and issues related to local development by coordinating and harmonizing with local communities and societies.
- Maintain no connections whatsoever with antisocial forces of any kind. Respond with a resolute attitude to any actions by these groups and do not give in to threats.
Properly manage information acquired through business transactions.
- Strictly manage all information obtained in transactions, including personal information, to avoid leaks.
- Use information strictly for the achievement of business purposes. Unintended use, private use, and supply to a third party for use are prohibited. In special cases, obtain the consent of the applicable individual first.
- Establish an organizational framework for the management and maintenance of information security and related regulations and implement education and training.
7.Ensuring Product Safety
Comply with quality standards and carry out the following in order to ensure safe and secure products are provided to end consumers.
- Maintain the legal standards defined in Japan.
- Disclose related information promptly and precisely for products and services when required.
- If there is a possibility of negative impacts to the end consumer, eliminate this possibility, or provide information for its prevention promptly and precisely.
- When carrying out material procurement operations, consider the effects of using raw materials that could potentially cause social problems related to issues such as human rights or the environment in the local area, and when there are concerns such as this, enact countermeasures to avoid usage of the applicable materials.
Carry out appropriate transactions with fairness, transparency, and free competition. In addition, maintain a normal and healthy relationship with government and politicians.
- Respect fairness and competition and comply with anti-trust laws and other related laws and ordinances, as well as internal company rules.
- Conduct transactions with appropriate conditions in accordance with sound business practices and do not accept private benefits.
- Implement political contributions and gifts, entertaining, and financial benefits for public servants and comparable personnel in accordance with the laws and ordinances of each country, and maintain a normal and healthy relationship with government and politicians.
9.Protection of Intellectual Property
- Protect and conscientiously manage the intellectual property rights possessed or attributed to the company to prevent third-party infringement.
- Refrain from any and all rights infringement activities such as the fraudulent acquisition or improper usage of the patents, design rights, trademarks, or business secrets of a third party, unauthorized usage of software, and fraudulent copying of publications.
- Implement regular checks of compliance status for these guidelines and continuously make improvements and corrections based on the results.
End of document.